BECOME A CHILDBIRTH EDUCATOR
Fullfill your calling to help expectant parents by taking this comprehensive certification online.
The Flourishing Families curriculum is simple, understandable, completely fact-driven and un-biased. This training and material provides step-by-step information about the most important aspects of birth, breastfeeding and baby care.
"I recently trained to be an Educator. I'm already certified with another childbirth education program, so I wasn't totally sure what would be different about FF. I can honestly say that even though the facts of childbirth are the same, the way FF teaches them is so much more than giving you the facts. YBE helps parents learn what's important to them and how to communicate their needs. Flourishing Families offers instructors the tools to share with our students so that we can help them have the most positive birth experience possible. Missy has put together a comprehensive, simple, and effective curriculum, and I can't wait to start teaching this to my students and doula clients."
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
With years of experience, Missy Boudiette walks you step-by-step through the course. She brings fact-based knowledge and incorporates real life situations in order to give you the most comprehensive foundation in birth education.
Knowledge is Power
You can help support birthing people by providing them all of the knowledge they need. No one needs to be told how to have their baby, they just need all of the information so they can decide what is best for them.
Empower the Parents
A Flourishing Families Educator truly empowers parents regardless of method or mode of delivery because it focuses on the facts.
By the end of the certification, you will have a foundational knowledge of birth, breastfeeding, and baby care. Then, you can customize your teaching methods to fit your style and personality--allowing you to be authentically yourself when teaching!
JOIN OUR FREE Q&A FOR MORE INFO!
SIGN-UP TO ATTEND A FREE Q&A SESSION WITH CO-OWNER, LINDSEY TAYLOR. SHE WILL REVIEW WHAT IT MEANS TO BE AN EDUCATOR, HOW THE COURSE IS LAID OUT, AND ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.
The Complete Flourishing Families Educator System
- Learn about the physiology of childbirth, newborns and breastfeeding and effective ways to prepare for labor, delivery and postpartum mentally, physically and emotionally.
- Learn how to help your client create collaborative communication with her trusted care provider, birthing team and loved ones.
- Learn about individual learning styles and how to best meet the need of all participants in your childbirth class.
- Learn about how women learn differently than men and how to take this into consideration when planning and teaching.
- Learn simple and effective strategies to keep your class fast-paced, interactive and fun!
- Learn how to involve partners in a hands-on way and empower them feel equal ownership in the process.
- Learn strategies to expand and customize the curriculum to develop multiple streams of revenue for your birth business and create product and service packages that meet the unique needs of your community and ideal clients.
- Learn to use your unique passion and purpose as a childbirth professional to create an authentic and sustainable brand.
- You will receive access to teaching tools, downloads and an easy-to-use Parent Class PowerPoint file to equip you with everything you need to teach classes immediately!
- BONUS!! This training includes the Birth Business Essentials ($50 value)
Feel Empowered to Teach Your Way
This course provides the facts, techniques, and activities to support you while you teach your clients. It is up to you on your style. We encourage all of our educators to be authentic when they teach--your clients will appreciate that!
While we feel it is important to attend a free Q&A prior to buying, we want you to have the option to start your journey now. If you're ready, head on over to purchase!I'M READY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if I get stuck during training or have questions?
Is there a trial period to test out the course?
How many lessons are in the course?
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION AS A FLOURISHING FAMILIES EDUCATOR?
All additional materials besides FF workbooks must be purchased or acquired by students independently. They are all available via online retailers and libraries.
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn by Penny Simkin
- Your Medical Mind by Jerome Groopman and Barbara Hartzband
- A Good Birth: Finding the Positive and Profound in Your Childbirth Experience by Anne Drapkin Lyerly
- Breastfeeding Made Simple: 7 Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers by Nancy Mohrbacher and Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
- Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp
- View all Flourishing Families Educator training modules or attend in person training in its entirety, including Your Birth Experience, Your Breastfeeding Experience and Your Baby Experience teaching demonstrations.
- Complete all online quizzes in the training platform to 75% proficiency. All quizzes are open book and open note.
- Complete essays addressing the following: A Good Birth, Your Medical Mind, Envisioning Your Birth and Personality Traits. :Requirements for essays outlined in certification packet provided to students upon enrollment.
- Teach one of each class: Your Birth Experience, Your Breastfeeding Experience and Your Baby Experience.
- Complete Self and Student Evaluations for your teaching experience (included in packet).
- Answer Vision Statement questions to discuss in final coaching call with your trainer (included in packet).
- Schedule and complete a one hour coaching session with your trainer. You will review your quiz answers, essays, teaching evaluations, collaborate on your vision statement and have the opportunity to ask any questions you have about teaching the FF system.
- Flourishing Families Educator students have one year from the date of enrollment in online training or attendance at in-person training to complete certification requirements. At that time, a 6 month extension may be purchased for $50.
- At the completion of either online or in person training, a student is considered pre-certified, and is permitted to advertise FF classes, teach and sell FF materials to students and clients, which can be purchased at wholesale pricing through our online store. If the student does not complete certification requirements within allotted timeframe, they will no longer be permitted to do so.
- Flourishing Families Educator certification is valid for 2 calendar years, at which point recertification is necessary. In order to re-certify, students must pay a $50 re-certification fee, have watched our twice yearly update videos and submit proof of 25 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in the following:
- Training and certification programs related to pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, newborn care, doula, mental health in the childbearing year, sexual health in the childbearing year, etc. Anything recognized by major doula, childbirth education or nursing programs are also accepted by FF. Pre-approved training programs are listed in certification packet provided to FF students.
- Reading books associated with pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, newborn care, doula, mental health in the childbearing year, sexual health in the childbearing year, etc. may account for up to 8 of your CEUs, for 2 units per book.
Still have questions?
Meet with Lindsey Taylor in a free informational Q&A. This is a great opportunity to ask any questions, address concerns, and solidify your next steps to becoming an educator!